Thursday, November 20, 2014

Gold Foil & Holo Nails

Hi Hi! A few days ago I used a gold polish called Bling by Orly and I love it so much that I decided to use it again today! I couldn't help it! I wanted to see what a full nail of it would look like and I wasn't disappointed. I also had something new I wanted to try out so I combined them into a quick design.

I bought a Nail Rock foil kit from Walmart a while back and still hadn't used it so today I gave it a go. The kit came with a black polish but I felt the gold foil would look nice over a deep purple. I started out by painting on two coats of a deep purple on two nails. I used three coats of my favorite gold glitter on two nails. I painted on three coats of a really pretty purple holo with gold flecks on one nail.

Sabrina's Nail Blog Gold Foil and Holo Nails
Sunlight

When the deep purple was dry  used a air of tweezers to place pieces of the thin gold foil on the nails. I smoothed them down with my finger. I used the gold glitter to add some polka dots to the purple holo nail and added topcoat to all the nails. The ending result was nice and shiny!

Sabrina's Nail Blog Gold Foil and Holo Nails
Shade

Luckily the sun was out so I could see how pretty the gold glitter was! I took pictures of the nails in different lighting but I couldn't catch the true sparkle that the gold nails gave off in person. I did capture the purple holo nail though! In any light the holo was visible but in the shade I could really see the little gold flecks it had. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Gold Foil and Holo Nails

I'm really happy with how this look turned out! I may actually be starting to like gold a lot more than I did before! I'm also happy with the foil kit, it was super easy to use and looks pretty cool, I'll be trying it out again in silver very soon. 
Thanks for checking out this post and I hope you come back soon :)




What I Used:
Gold: Bling by Orly
Purple Holo: Homecoming by I Love Nail Polish
Purple: Urban Night by China Glaze 

No comments:

Post a Comment